Sunday, January 17, 2010

Haiti

written in my other blog.

such a tragic. it breaks my heart to hear the estimated death in Haiti. i just made two donations. it is a warm feeling and i feel so proud of everyone who is willing to help in anyway possible..even if its just a $1.00 donation every little bit helps. what touches my heart is the world coming together to help and support. it’s people that care enough to want to do something despite of their lack of financial security or not knowing anyone in a country that is far from us. they give me hope that there are caring, good people out there. in the end, we are all not much different from one another, we have only one home mother earth, and we must do what we can to help our neighbors. i am all for doing good cause. ever since joining the red cross club in high school. i fell in love with volunteering, donating my time for the common good. i hope that one day i can travel the world and help in any possible way. mother Teresa is my hero. i hope that one day i will be as successful and to use that success to help others. that is my goal and my dream to leave this world knowing that i have made a difference.

“To the people of Haiti, we say clearly and with conviction: You will not be forsaken. You will not be forgotten. In this, your hour of greatest need, America stands with you. The world stands with you.”

— President O’Bama

for the past few days. following up on the news about Haiti, talking about the earthquake in Haiti in geography class. my heart is breaking for you Haiti. you are in my prayers.

i can not express how much respect i have for this world. my utmost respect goes out to those who serve our country, for those who risk their lives everyday to save others, for those who will go out of their way to help those in need. The world coming together to help support and aid a country in need of times like this? my utmost respect goes to you.


HOPE

“Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope. with hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream. if you have hope, you have everything.”


i made the 3rd donation. 2 via text (yele & redcross) and one online.

No comments: