Thursday, September 16, 2010

meeting new people is scary

i dislike the idea of meeting new people because is awkward, scary and not fun haha. not to mention...i make really bad first impression esp. when its an unexpected meet. like yesterday; cousin and i went to the gym and asked if i would come with her to meet up this guy to talk about their plans for their gig. so i told her ill go with her just to make sure he is not a perverted crazy guy haha. she told me that spoke on he phone a few times to discuss their plans. so yesterday we went to meet him at starbucks. as we were sitting there wait and chatting, i started feeling nervous which i though was funny because it wasnt even my meet up--but she was nervous so i guess i was getting nervous for her? i think its the idea of sitting at a table with someone i dont know...and cousin doesnt really talk much--neither do i when i first meet people. i become distant and often quiet....or i can smile and laugh at everything haha....then there's the part where i talk in circles haha. so yesterday, as he walked into starbucks, introduced himself to us. after he shook my hand he said "you really familiar" i was confuse trying to think if i might have seen him somewhere but not likely. cousin asked if i knew and i said no haha. thought that was weird. so we made our way outside, told stuff about him and what he does i guess. told us stories that had really nothing to do with their gigs. it was awkward because he kept talking to me and facing me when he talk. in my mind i was like umm this isnt my meeting...shouldnt you be talking to her and looking at her? haha i hate having to look at people in the eye, it makes me so uncomfortable. i think he is very talkative, really outgoing...a little to much for our personality haha. it amazes me how people can talk about anything when first meeting people. he was telling us about his his family, this crazy client he had and how he was engaged once haha. i was being polite so i was nodding and smiling and laughing, nodding some more with a few reply here and there. i hated the cousin didnt say much so it was awkward and which it led him to talk to me more....i did not like it at all. again this was their meet up to discuss the gig they are doing and their portfolio haha.

after we left she told me that he kept looking at me and kept talking to me. i told her that the only reason he was talking to me was because you didnt talk much so or asked him anything about their plans haha. so, that was that.....i hope i dont have to go through this anytime soon haha.

i do however love meeting elderly people and talking with them hehe. they have the best stories and advice.

No comments: